As the old year closes and a new year begins, it’s a time for all of us to reflect on the events that past before we reboot for the year ahead.
Here’s a few of my favourite activities of 2012 (in no particular order):
– London 2012 – my visit to London to visit good friends and take in the 2012 Olympics was a definite highlight of the year.
– Bloomsbury Bowls – part of the London experience was a fun night out with a bunch of friends at this super cool venue
– Scissor Sisters – the ‘Magic Hour’ came to Vancouver’s Commodore Ballroom with poptastic results.
– Emerson Drive – kicking off the PNE Summer Concert Series, the Canadian country group got the summer off to a great start
– David Foster & Friends 25th Anniversary Concert – Victoria’s David Foster brought a host of friends home to the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre for an entertaining fundraising evening for The David Foster Foundation.
– An Evening With Idina Menzel – the Broadway superstar performed an evening of her hits and (sometimes dirty) anecdotes
– Jason Mraz – one of my favourite live performers stopped at Rogers Arena for his LOVE Is A Four Letter Word tour.
– 2 Days In Seattle – Thanks to Klout and the Seattle Convention & Visitors Bureau I got to spend 2 Days in Seattle seeing the sights and tasting the Emerald City.
– Whitecaps FC – kicking off a second season in the MLS, the Vancouver team performed much better in their sophomore season managing to make at least one post-season match.
– Topshop/Topman Opening Party – the iconic British High Street retailer launched their flagship Vancouver store with an amazing opening night party at 560.
– Via Brazil Steakhouse – topping off my friends Lori & Craig’s wedding day with a family style reception was a great highlight of a fun filled wedding week.
I’m sure there’s more great moments of 2012 but these were a good selection of highlights. While these are great, one of my favourites is always being able to spend time with my family and friends whatever we’re doing, especially at the Holidays.
I look forward to starting 2013 off with a long time tradition of New Year’s Day breakfast. My friend Tara and I have been meeting, with whomever else can make it, for an annual catch-up and New Year kick-off for over a decade and hope to continue for many more.
What were your favourite moments of 2012? What are you looking forward to in 2013?