It’s all about wine for this milestone edition ofVancouver Foodster’s Food Talks. Gather with other foodies and friends at the Vancouver Urban Winery, on December 3, to hear from some enlightened speakers and learn about wine and some leading wine organizations.
As always, Food Talks Volume 10 will begin with a mix and mingle while sampling a glass of Vancouver Urban Winery’s fine selection of FreshTap wine-on-tap. Then five great speakers will share their knowledge with the audience.
This edition’s speakers include:
1) Sid Cross, Honorary President of The International Wine & Food Society. A frequent judge and lecturer he is the only Canadian inducted as a Membre d’Honneur of the Academie du Vin de Bordeaux amongst many other honours.
2) David Schoelfeld as senior wine buyer for the British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch (BCLDB), where he earned a global reputation for his ability to shepherd allocations of the world’s finest wines onto the shelves of BC liquor stores. David was the inspiration for the Okanagan Crush Pad business model, which he first envisioned over ten years ago.
3) Michaela Morris & Michelle Boufard the @Housewine_girls are founders of House Wine a wine consulting business that helps to demystify wine. The pair are called to use their expertise by participating in tasting panels for Les Chevaliers des Vins de France, Cornucopia and the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival.
4) Tim Pawsey, the ‘Hired Belly’ is seeking out and recommending value wines from BC and around the world that offer quality at every level. Readers depend on the Hired Belly for his “Belly’s Best” and “Belly’s Budget Best” picks to help them find the right wine for the occasion.
5) John Clerides began his career in family restaurants then in 1986 opened Marquis Wine Cellars. Speaking with his seasoned wine friends and his readings fueled John’s quest for knowledge and his constant travels and discovery of new and exciting wine finds.
Food Talks Volume 10 takes place Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM at Vancouver Urban Winery
Advance Tickets are available now via Eventbrite:
Early Bird Tickets (ends tonight November 12th ) $12 per person
Advance Tickets: $20 per person before November 30
Regular Tickets: $25 per person after November 30 and at the door
Note: Eventbrite fee and gst is extra on all tickets purchased online.
Note: Limited tickets available. Note: ALL Tickets must be purchased in advance online.