For many visitors to Salt Spring Island, the Saturday Market is a favourite destination on the Gulf Island. However, it’s not always simple to get away to check out the market and island but this weekend there’s good news, as Made On Salt Spring comes to Heritage Hall in Vancouver.
Made on Salt Spring, a curated indoor market, visits Vancouver tomorrow March 23 until Sunday March 25, featuring the products of dozens of makers, creators and designers bringing a piece of the “Rock” with them.
Made on Salt Spring provides a unique opportunity to meet a talented community of inspirational creators the week before the Saturday Market opens, for the season, on the Island. “We’re very excited to bring Made on Salt Spring to the city to showcase the best of the Island to a mainland audience,” says Made on Salt Spring organizer and artisan Álvaro Sánchez. “We live in a close-knit, supportive community and this is an opportunity for Vancouverites to enjoy the charm of Salt Spring’s rural ambience at a relaxed indoor market where there’s something for everyone to enjoy.”
Here’s your chance to discover the wares of woodworkers, designers, jewellers, weavers, and artisans.
Some of the featured Salt Spring artisans include:
· Wheel-thrown, hand-painted functional stoneware from B’s Pottery
· Original oil paintings, limited edition prints and cards by Stefanie Denz
· Salt Spring Wild Cider from local wild apples;
· Traditionally fermented vinegars from Salt Spring Island Artisan Vinegar
· Organic baby clothes & kids’ tees from Boogaloo Bubbywear
· Hand-crafted all-natural soaps and shampoos from The Bubble and Squeak Soapery
· Handcrafted, small batch vodka and gin from Salt Spring Shine Craft Distillery
plus many more unique Made On Salt Spring fine finds.
Made On Salt Spring runs March 23 to March 25 at Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street.
4pm – 9pm Friday, March 23
10am – 6pm Saturday, March 24
11am – 5pm Sunday, March 25
Admission is $5 for adults, and free for kids under 12 years. The first 25 people through the door each day will take home goodie bags filled with samples and coupons from island vendors, with 10 additional bags up for grabs throughout the day.