After a successful experience at Canadian Music Week in Toronto, Victoria’s folk-pop artist Steph Macpherson has released her debut full-length album, Bells & Whistles, on independent label Cordova Bay Records. Her infectious, harmony-saturated folk-pop style is described as a splice of Stevie Nicks, Sarah Harmer, and Jeff Tweedy rolled into one musical entity, topped off with a sprinkling of Feist’s charm.
The new album features 10 original songs about love, heartache, and life experiences, and will launch Steph as one of Canada’s up-and-coming singer-songwriters. Track-to-track she showcases her exceptionally strong pop-sensibility with songs like the first single Summer Salute, beautifully crafted heartbreaking lyrics on The Distance and East, and even adds in a little dash of country flavour on Silver Platter.
Starting this weekend,Steph is heading out on tour in support of the album release.
- April 21 – Mary Winspear Centre – w/ The Archers, Fir Cone – SIDNEY, BC
- May 4 – The Media Club – w/ Prairie Dance Club, Jody Glenham – VANCOUVER, BC
- May 5 – TBD – w/ The Archers – KELOWNA, BC
- May 6 – House Concert – GOLDEN, BC
- May 8 – Ironwood Stage – w/ SAvK – CALGARY, AB
- May 9 – Creative City Centre – w/Robyn Barbour – REGINA, SK
- May 11 – Haven Social Club – w/ Tome Keenan – EDMONTON, AB
- May 26 – Wood Hall – w/ Chris Ho – VICTORIA, BC
Watch for more dates at www.stephmacpherson.com
Listen to an acoustic version of first single Summer Salute and more