Coachella Music & Arts Festival has wrapped up and kicked-off to the summer festival season. If you haven’t already planned your summer’s festival festivities there’s still time. After deciding which festivals to attend, the next big item on the checklist will be what to pack. You need to be prepared for everything but still need to pack light & look awesome.
We’ve compiled a few hot, new ‘must have’ items that should be in every guys kit.
1. Sunglasses are the absolute must have for festival style and practicality. The versatile accessory helps you look hot and mysterious, protects your sensitive hungover eyes from the glaring sun, they also help you discreetly scope out the festival ‘scenery’. These Compressor shades from Vestal’s Spring 2012 collection are a perfect basic but stylin’ pair.
2. A selection of tees and tanks are a staple for every guys bag. These 100% Organic Cotton tanks from Industry Of All Nations are ready for anything with the soft, richly coloured, using 100% natural dyes, shirts that go from day to night.
3. Hard wearing, sturdy but super stylish the Vestal Utilitarian watch can take whatever you throw at it during the festival weekend.
4. There comes a time when you’re back at your tent or room and you just need to chill, relive your fave music memories through a pair of Urbanears Medis, designed to stay in your ear and provide great sound, you can block out whatever your tentmate is getting up to
5. Dancing up a storm in a mosh pit or dance tent can be hot business, shorts are a must, plus you’ve been working out all winter, it’s time to show off those legs. These great organic selvedge denim shorts from Industry Of All Nations are a classic cut and in an array of wicked colours they’re a great way to make a statement.
6. When night or the rain falls you may need to get out the long pants, throw on a pair of Neuw Black Colour Jeans, a sharp alternative to indigo, these bold denim are made with a black base thread to give them a great depth of colour. With styles named after music icons, like Iggy Skinny, Lou Slim and Johnny Tapered, their new style vintage revisions are made for festival goers.
7. Your hair is the accessory that’s always with you and one of the first things the ladies look at, keep it fresh with Gritty Business from Kevin Murphy. The tough and pliable product is beeswax based so it stands up to pesky drizzle and easy to remold the next morning.
8. Footwear takes up the largest space in your bag so you need to limit what you carry, be prepared for anything with cool, lightweight and easy to pack Borstal Mesh kicks from Generic Surplus.
10. Every mom tells their son to wear fresh socks & underwear in case of emergencies, hopefully you won’t have an emergency at the fest but if someone does get the chance to see your ‘basics’ make sure they are fresh to death…Stance Socks are super styling and Saxx Underwear are lightweight and constructed to keep your equipment well supported front and centre.
Originally published in Kenton Magazine