The 2019 Honda Celebration of Light is upon us and expected to bring more than a million spectators to the shores of English Bay July 27th (India), July 31st (Canada) and August 3rd (Croatia).
The audience gathers early around the shores of English Bay to take in the live performances at the Park Stage, listen to Z-Fest and watch The Pete McLeod Airshow presented by Red Bull Air.
If standing amongst the masses to witness the fireworks spectacular isn’t your cup of tea, why not take it to the water and board a boat to view the fireworks from a different perspective, here are a few boat cruise companies putting on special evening package for the Celebration of Light;
Harbour Cruises: July 27, July 31, August 3, Boarding 7:30pm each night – 3 hour cruise
– Dinner Cruise includes; buffet dinner, DJ/dancing, fireworks viewing, $145/person.
– Fireworks-only 2 hour cruise, July 31st only, boarding 8:30pm, $70/person
V2V Vacations: July 27, July 31, August 3, Boarding 8:45pm each night, 2 hour cruise – two classes of service;
– Royal Class: limited to 50 passengers, 19+ years only, includes access to upper observation deck, complimentary snacks, sparkling wine toast, cash bar – $160/person
– Premium General Admission: 100 person capacity, first come / first served seating, access to outer viewing decks, cash bar – $125/person
Vancouver Water Adventures: July 27, July 31, August 3, Departs 7pm each night, 4 hour dinner & fireworks package
– departing Granville Island, boat to dinner at Rustique on Bowen Island, then back to English Bay to watch the Celebration of Lights fireworks
Magic Yacht Charters: August 3, Boarding 8pm, sailing 9pm – midnight
includes; buffet dinner with one drink, DJ/dancing, outdoor viewing deck – $129/person
Spirit Cruises: July 27, July 31, August 3, Boarding 7pm each night, 4 hour cruise
includes; buffet dinner with one drink, DJ/dancing, outdoor viewing deck – $139/person July 27 & August 3, $129/person July 31
Wherever you find to watch the Celebration of Light, enjoy the festivities!
The above cruise company’s listings are for information only, I have no first-hand experience with these specific events.