Here’s my picks list for this upcoming weekend
Thursday May 12
– Just three more nights left of The Graduate at Arts Club Theatre Company
– Continuing is Hairspray also from Arts Club Theatre Company
Friday May 13
…yes it’s Friday the 13th! And indeed my name happens to be Jason!
– in Victoria, Jill Barber is playing the Alix Gooden Hall
– From France and playing at Venue is Yelle
– Canadian roots singer / songwriter Old Man Luedecke and Ladies of the Canyon are at Lucky Bar in Victoria
Saturday May 14
– Local rock chicks The Pack A.D. bring their garage-rock shenanigans to Red Room
– Danish duo The Raveonettes hit the stage at Venue
– Dance your a$$ off as The Colbalt welcomes the return of POW: Trash Edition
– New queer hip hop night, Big Primpin kicks off at Pub 340
– Fortune Sound Club finds Curren$y performing live
As we get closer to summer, although the weather might not agree, it looks like more activities are happening.
Here’s some stuff on my list this weekend!
Thursday May 5
It’s Cinco de Mayo so I’m sure a few cervezas are on the agenda for everyone!
– After two nights in Vancouver, The Pixies are wrapping up their Doolittle: 20th Anniversary Tour in Victoria.
– Looking for some Thursday night beats?! hi-life Records presents “Movement – Session 1 featuring MARCO LYS (from Italy)” at Ginger 62
-local faves Mother Mother play Commodore Ballroom for the second of two Vancouver shows.
Friday May 6
if you’ve recovered from Cinco de Mayo
– head out to ANZA Club for SPIT Vancouver’s Seis de Mayo party
– if you’re looking for some nostalgia Men Without Hats are playing Club 9One9 in Victoria
– At Five-Sixty it’s B2B systemsound tag team sessions w/ DJ’s SKLA, Right Hand, PK and Joel Armstrong
-At Pop Opera there’s You Plus One resident DJ search with Battle One + Wobbelix & Subsapien
-Scottish singer/songwriter KT Tunstall is playing an early show @VenueLive
Saturday May 7th
– First Saturday Open Studios is your chance to check out some great artists and get some inspiration as you tour their studios, check the event’s link for info on which artists.
-at 6pm Coca-Cola is celebrating it’s 125th anniversary with a free concert by These Kids Were Crowns in Robson Square
– Men without Hats play @VenueLive for your Vancouver nostalgia fix
– The Arts Club Theatre Company’s Hairspray opens at the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage and runs until July 10.