Last week’s Top 10 Concert Etiquette Do’s & Don’ts turned out to be popular and readers suggested other Etiquette lists. It’s a great idea so here’s the next in the Etiquette series.
Next time you’re at the movie cinema think about these hints to help everyone have an enjoyable experience!
1. DO arrive on time. Even if it’s just during the trailers, no one likes having you squish your way into the seats once the house lights are down.
2. DON’T take up more than your own space. If you have bags, coats or parcels keep them on your lap or under your feet.
3. DO turn off your mobile phone or at least put it on silent!
4. DON’T talk throughout the movie. If you must ask your friend something, whisper quietly in their ear.
5. DO enjoy something from the concession.
6. DON’T loudly slurp your empty drink or rustle and crinkle the wrapper or your candy
7. DO laugh or exclaim at the movie but try to keep it appropriate and contained so not to interrupt the next scene of the movie
8. DON’T loudly snap, chew and pop your gum.
9. DO dispose of your gum and other trash in a bin as you leave not on the floor, especially a greasy popcorn bag or unfinished drink cup. They spill and make the clean up slow for the next patron to enter the theatre.
10. DON’T forget this isn’t your living room, you are still in public, keep other bodily sounds contained!