In honour of the BC Hospitality Industry Conference happening this week in Vancouver I thought we’d take a look at some of the properties around the province.
Searching Trip Advisor for the 1191 hotel properties listed, it turns up a surprising Top 10 rankings based on the public’s reviews. Some of these properties are very popular and well known while others are off the beaten path but have found something that resonates with the public who have ranked them very highly. This is not a scientific ranking of any kind but rather a way to seek out some of the better liked and perhaps new (to you) hotels in BC.
1. Knight Inlet Lodge: located in the longest fjord on the BC coast this floating lodge is famed for its Grizzly Bear Tours.
2. L’Hermitage Vancouver: tucked into the 5,6 and 7 floors of a Robson Street residential tower this 60 room luxury boutique hotel is the #1 ranked hotel in Vancouver.
3. Echo Valley Ranch & Spa: located in the wilds of the Cariboo, Echo Valley guest ranch is a one of a kind location for a reunion, corporate retreat or just to get away from it all.
4. Sonora Resort: one of the premier luxury resorts in the country Sonora Resort is located on the secluded shores of Sonora Island, accessible only by water or air.
5. Rosewood Hotel Georgia: this recently reopened historic property’s recent restoration seems to have resonated with the Trip Advisor readers for it to rank so highly so soon after reopening.
6. Elizabeth Lake Lodge: sitting adjacent to a 250 acre wetland bird sanctuary, this Cranbrook property also features mini-golf and RV accommodation sites.
7. Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier: with amazing views of downtown Vancouver from its seaside location across Burrard Inlet in North Vancouver, Pinnacle Hotel is a getaway from the city but just minutes away by SeaBus
8. The Loden: recently celebrating it’s 3rd anniversary and accolades for its restaurant, Tableau, this small boutique hotel features some of the most amazing penthouse suites in the City.
9. Fairmont Pacific Rim: the newest of the five Vancouver area Fairmont properties, the Pacific Rim is an urban oasis of luxury.
10. Abigail’s Hotel: this small, 23 room, 1930’s Tudor mansion tucked into a corner in downtown Victoria, is renowned for it’s service and charm.