After voluntarily closing March 16th due to COVID-19 precautions, Van Dusen Botanical Gardens is getting ready to reopen May 1st, perfectly timed to let the public enjoy the spring blooms.
Starting this morning at 9amcurrent members of the Gardens are welcome to reserve a time to visit the Garden. After many weeks of staying home, Van Dusen Botanical Gardens recognizes the positive impact outdoor spaces can have on people’s physical and mental well-being. The Garden is reopening with a series of operational changes to best protect its visitors, including;
- A maximum of 30 guests per entrance time (10 members/20 general public), with only a limited number of Park Board and VBGA staff working on site.
- All Visitors will require an advance purchased ticket, to be shown on mobile or printed, for a specific entry time with recommended visits of between 30 to 90 minutes.
- Entry times will be available every 30 minutes, from 9am to 6pm (9am – 10pm for members only).
- Parking lot is open for ticket holders, visitors are reminded to maintain a 2-metre distance from others when exiting the vehicle, or wait inside until suitable.
- Stanchions will be placed in the Visitor Centre to ensure safe entry and exit
- Wheelchairs will not be available to borrow.
- Pathways may be one-way to allow for physical distance between guests.
- Signage will be places throughout the garden to remind visitors that they are required to maintain 2-metre distance from any guests outside of their household.
- Markers will be places on the ground to note 2-meter spacing at any queue
- The Maze will be open for one person or one household at a time.
- Select features and areas (including large lawn chairs and tractor) will be closed.
- Visitor Centre will be open for washroom use as well as entering and exiting the garden but gift shop and Truffles Cafe will be closed.
- Events, meetings, educational programs, and guided tours: cancelled until end of June
Bookings for admission to Van Dusen Botanical Gardens from May 1st onward begin today at 9am, existing members have already been sent a password.
Tickets are only available online, and members and visitors must book in advance.
Click here to book an admission ticket
Click here to book a membership ticket
Click here to become a member or renew a membership