Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the Vancouver International Dance Festival (VIDF) takes to stages around Vancouver from March 6 to 28, 2020. The Festival offers a program of 31 performances including 12 free shows, 20 free dance classes, 7 free life drawing sessions with dancers as models, and a free art exhibition of photography by Flamenco Rosario Musical Director and guitarist Victor Kolstee.
The 2020 VIDF presents Vancouver companies Shay Kuebler / Radical System Art and Kokoro Dance at the Vancouver Playhouse, Toronto’s InDANCE and Nelson’s Ichigo-Ichieh New Theatre at the Roundhouse, and Hungary’s Ferenc Fehér and Vancouver’s FakeKnot at the KW Production Studio. In addition, there are free performances by Vancouver companies Modus Operandi and Boogaloo Academy / Now or Never Crew at the Woodward’s Atrium, as well as Farouche and Olivia Shaffer at the Roundhouse Exhibition Hall.
See all ten companies for only $135!
1. Shay Kuebler / Radical System Art: virtuosic, electric, high velocity – Epilogos at Vancouver Playhouse, March 6 & 7, 8pm
2. Modus Operandi: next generation innovators – Line, Starting line, Practical questions, Disappear, Solos and small groups, Swirling, Space, All together at Woodwards Atrium, March 8, 2:00pm and 3:00pm/ Mar 15, 3:00pm
3. Ferenc Fehér: profound no-exit physicality – The Station at KW Production Studio, March 11-14, 9:15pm
4. Boogaloo Academy & Now or Never Crew: boogalacious contemporary youth & seasoned street dance savvy – Hip Hop at Woodwards Atrium, Mar 15, 2:00pm/ Mar 22, 2:00pm and 3:00pm
5. InDANCE: queer Bharatanatyam, same-sex love in the here and now – ?iva kissed Vi??u at Roundhouse Performance Centre, March 18-21, 8pm
6. Farouche: three incessantly shifting physically inquisitive movement prospectors – Here Again: A collection of Three Scores at Roundhouse Exhibition Hall, March 19-21, 7pm
7. FakeKnot: idolized/idealized, existential glam, mind-expanding explosion – HINKYPUNK at KW Production Studio, March 25-28, 9:15pm
8. Olivia Shaffer: the most beautiful things contain secret suffering – Senescence at Roundhouse Exhibition Hall, March 26-28, 7pm
9. Ichigo-Ichieh New Theatre: shared essential human moments from a not-quite-yet-dead man – Birthday present for myself at Roundhouse Performance Centre, March 26-28, 8pm
10. Kokoro Dance: five generations of women evoking and provoking the power of Yin – Reading the Bones at Vancouver Playhouse, March 27 & 28, 8pm
The 2020 Vancouver International Dance Festival runs March 6 to 28, 2020 at Vancouver Playhouse, Roundhouse Performance Centre, KW Production Studios plus Roundhouse Exhibition Hall and Woodwards Atrium. For tickets and information visit vidf.ca