Summer’s officially here…let’s get the party started!
Thursday, June 23rd
– 90Six Dance Party featuring DJ Lady Miss Kier (from Deee-Lite), since I’m here in Toronto this looks like it’ll be on the agenda.
– back home in Vancouver there’s a great benefit event; heroes with heART: Katarina Thorsen’s Interactive Portrait Event!
Friday, June 24th
– In Vancouver you’ve got to check out Big Freedia, the Queen of Sissy Bounce at Post Modern
– R&B diva Rihanna is playing the first of two nights at Rogers Arena
– Norwegian singer/songwriter Sondre Lerche plays the Biltmore Cabaret
– The TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival kicks off 10 days of great events around town
– Afterwork head to Canvas Lounge for another VICE Friday
– Celebrating it’s 25th Year the Toronto Jazz Festival kicks off with free concert by Aretha Franklin
Saturday, June 25th
– Rock trio Blonde Redhead play the Vogue Theatre
-It’s Queer Bash: Abba Hits vs Muppet Blitz at The Cobalt
– American Celtic Punk Band (how’s that for a description?!) Dropkick Murphys are at Commodore Ballroom
– At Five-Sixty, honour the 42nd anniversary of the riots with Stonewall Celebration!!!