With Christmas upon us, most people will be spending time with family and friends. However next weekend is the weekend we should be planning now…if you haven’t already.
Let’s take a look at what’s happening around town for the festive party season!
Ongoing Festive Festivities:
– ongoing, through the Holidays are a number of festive fun activities including Vancouver Christmas Market, The Peak of Christmas at Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge’s Canyon Lights, VanDusen Festival of Lights, Bloedel Conservatory Jewel Box of Light, Heritage Christmas at Burnaby Village Museum and Bright Nights in Stanley Park
– Arts Club Theatre Company’s has three productions running: White Christmas at The Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Blood Brothers at Granville Island Stage and The Patron Saint of Stanley Park on at the Revue Stage.
– Vancouver Playhouse has La Cage aux Folles at the Mainstage
– for those who don’t want the hassle of cooking Christmas dinner but still want a great meal with the family can check out the option of a take out Turkey-to-go meal from some of our great hotels & caterers most of the order deadlines have past but there’s still one day to order from Sutton Place Hotel for a Turkey Express To-Go Meal.
– if you don’t even want to do the dishes head out on the town for a festive feast: The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, The Fairmont Waterfront, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport and Fairmont Pacific Rim are all offering festive menus and features. As well Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, Pan Pacific Hotel, Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Metropolitan Vancouver and Yew @ Four Seasons Vancouver are all offering special Christmas and New Year events/dinners
– After you’ve fill up on food and listened to the Queen’s Speech head to Junction Pub for Christmas with the Queens – some drag, drink and presumably a few drunks but mostly some fun!
– if you were a good girl or boy you may have found tickets for the Avicii show at Vancouver Convention Centre, that’s the only way you’re going to get there as it’s sold out!
New Years Eve:
– it’s the night to get on your glad rags and party until the wee hours…as if we need an excuse…as we welcome in 2012.
Check out some of the parties happening around town:
– New Years Eve 2012 Party at The Narrow & Grace Gallery on Main has two rooms of fun with Music from Lazerbomb and Michael Venus
– on the ‘other side’ of Granville St Bridge check out Sparkle at Jewel Ballroom
– 560’s NYE 2012: Nouveau is a Winter White Party hosted by the always witty Ryan Steele
– Rosette Luv, Destineak, DJs, indoor fireworks…plus more are on tap at Midnight Stardust at Marriott Pinnacle Hotel
– create your own fairy tale ending to 2011 at Once Upon A Time at Celebrities
– get your dance on at Solid NYE 2012 with Tiesto at the Pacific Coliseum
– see 2011 out under the dome at NYE at Telus World Of Science
– Hedkandi NYE 2012 is at Ginger 62
– DJs abound at Fortune Sound Club’s New Years Eve 2012 party
– have a GRAND New Years Eve at Republic Nightclub
Tickets for these plus many more New Years Eve events can be found at Clubzone.com