As we get closer to the peak of summer, we reach a peak of activities throughout the city.
Thursday July 14
– Stars frontman Torquil Campbell’s side project Memphis hits the intimate Media Club stage. Also playing Friday at Metropolis in Victoria
– The Cobalt on Main features bands, The Free City Collective, Alaska and Alli Sunshine & the Blue Sparrows
– An evening of small venue events continues with another edition of Thursday night’s “We Like Boys” at The Helm.
Friday July 15
– Canadian staples The Tragically Hip rock Deer Lake Park in Burnaby
– Classic rock takes over the Boulevard Casino in Coquitlam as The Steve Miller Band perform.
– Vancouver Folk Music Festival for three days multiple acts spread over 7 stages take over beautiful Jericho Beach
Saturday July 16
– As Pride Season approaches more events will start to take place. One of the first is Gay Day at Playland, hit the park for amusement rides, picnics, and the Queentastic Legends show to wrap up the day.
– Feel like getting wet? Head to Lumberman’s Arch in Stanley Park and take part in the Vancouver Waterfight!
Sunday July 17
– get our your boots and belt for the return of Big Gay Rodeo at The Bourbon Country Bar