WOW! There’s so much happening this time of year that I want to check out, I can’t keep up…you all will have to attend some of these great events and tell me all about it.
Thursday July 21
– if you can get down to Venue and check out Cults, I saw them at NXNE and they are great!
– downtown TV On The Radio are playing the second of two nights at Commodore Ballroom, they’re worth a listen too!
– legend, Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) is holding court over at the Rickshaw Theatre
– NY synthpop group, Cold Cave are at The Biltmore Cabaret
– Local Vancouver folk/blues artist Buckman Coe is performing with David Newberry at Media Club
– looking to get your dance on? Head to The Helm with another edition of We Like Boys
– for some good tunes and cocktails stop by 1181 for Cocky Thursdays with music by DJ Adam Dreaddy
Friday July 22
– Funny man Rob Schneider brings the laughter to The Vogue Theatre
– join NY indie rockers Les Savy Fav / Handsome Furs at The Rickshaw Theatre
– The Helm has Flaunt Fridays with DJ SKLA and the vocal talents of Tonye Aganaba
– for some ‘Family Values’ join Gene Simmons and his clan at the River Rock Show Theatre
Saturday July 23
– during the afternoon, hope for some good weather, and head over to Brockton Oval in Stanley Park for the Vancouver Pride Society’s Picnic In The Park : beer garden, children’s area, DJ’s, BBQ, games and more.
– Yuck with Unknown Mortal Orchestra are at The Biltmore Cabaret
– at Five-Sixty it’s their Pride Week Kick-Off Celebration
Sunday July 24
even God took one day off, so rest up because it’s going to be a busy week coming up!
Monday July 25
– it’s the start of the Vancouver 2011 Outgames, the running of the Flags starts at City Hall at 1pm wrapping up at the Vancouver Art Gallery for the Opening Ceremony at 5pm. That evening head to The Outgames Opening Party at Five-Sixty
– your Monday night alternative is over at Keefer Bar for The Price Is Gay: prizes, drinks specials, music and fun are all on the menu