Wrapping up April…will showers bring May flowers?
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection. As well Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, it’s the last chance to take a look back at Lights Out! Canadian Painting from the 60’s before it wraps up on Sunday, and the Gallery’s newest exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & compare the waterfronts of Vancouver and Dubai with Maraya Project-Seawalls Of Vancouver And Dubai or step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Henry & Alice : Into the Wild is at Granville Island Stage until May 25th and based on the novel by Michael Ignatieff, Scar Tissue ends April 28th
– the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, bring the laughs Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame until June 16th.
– The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival blossoms with events throughout the city until April 28th
Thursday Apr 26
– French electonica duo Justice get the crowd dancing at PNE Forum
– Kiwi synthpop quintette, The Naked and Famous, hit the Commodore Ballroom stage for the second of a two night stand.
– Humans, Nautiluss & Evy Jane are at The Waldorf
–Frankie Rose is at The Biltmore Cabaret with Dive
– late night watch the dancers at Oasis Ultra Lounge get their JUNK out
Friday Apr 27
– Tennis plays the stage at The Biltmore Cabaret
– Socielle with David Jones, 2012 Remixer of the Year, is at ginger 62
– Blueprint Events : Stereotype at Celebrities features Max Vangeli
– Yukon Blonde is onstage at the Commodore Ballroom
– Timbre Concerts presents French popsters M83 at The Vogue Theatre
– Oasis Ultra Lounge has Gay Friday happening with DJ Jeffery Michael
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!