The sun is starting to shine, events are starting to bloom
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection. As well Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, take a look back at Lights Out! Canadian Painting from the 60?s and the Gallery’s newest exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & compare the waterfronts of Vancouver and Dubai with Maraya Project-Seawalls Of Vancouver And Dubai or step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage find out The Importance Of Being Earnest until April 15th and based on the novel by Michael Ignatieff, Scar Tissue runs until April 28th
– the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, bring the laughs Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame until June 16th.
– The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival blossoms with events throughout the city until April 28th
Thursday Apr 12th
– Broadway Across Canada’s CATS continues its limited engagement through Sunday
Friday Apr 13th
– if you’re luck enough to have tickets, it’s Game 2 of Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 as the Vancouver Canucks host LA Kings
– it’s not bad luck at the Rickshaw Theatre when local legends The Odds with Grapes Of Wrath perform with quests The Salteens
– East Van Soul Club is on at the Biltmore Cabaret
Saturday Apr 14th
– Wearable art, music, performances are the name of the game as Wiggle 2012 takes over Fortune Sound Lounge (early show 7pm door)
– feeling a little bit country, head to Pacific Coliseum for Johnny Reid
– another country great, Travis Tritt, is onstage at Boulevard Casino’s Red Robinson Theatre
– downtown Joel Plaskett Emergency is playing the Vogue Theatre
Sunday Apr 15th
– if you’re registered you’ll be up early and ready to run in the 2012 Vancouver Sun Run, if not get out and cheer on the runners in North America’s largest 10k fun run!
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!