The first major long weekend of the year is upon us! Happy Easter!
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection. As well Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, take a look back at Lights Out! Canadian Painting from the 60?s and the Gallery’s newest exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & compare the waterfronts of Vancouver and Dubai with Maraya Project-Seawalls Of Vancouver And Dubai or step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage find out The Importance Of Being Earnest until April 15th.
– the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, bring the laughs Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame until June 16th.
Thursday Apr 5th:
– The Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival blossoms with events throughout the city until April 28th
– the Vancouver International Auto Show fills BC Place with all sorts of bright and shiny new models until Sunday.
– AMS Student Society of UBC presents the 5th Annual Block Party at UBC’s MacInnes Field featuring performances from Mother Mother and MSTRKRFT
– Blueprint Events Seasons Electronic Music Festival kicks off with Swedish DJ Duo Cazzette at Venue
– don’t be a bridesmaid, see The Wedding Present at The Biltmore Cabaret
– stay up late and head to Gorg-o-mish after hours for United:XXX presented by Big Roger Events
Friday Apr 6th:
– Based on the novel by Michael Ignatieff, Scar Tissue opens at The Arts Club Theatre
– Young Swedish DJ, AN21 is the featured day 2 artist for Seasons Fest at Celebrities
– Canadian Singer-Songwriter Kathleen Edwards is at Commodore Ballroom
– Oasis Ultra Lounge debuts VANity hosted by Connie Smudge
Saturday Apr 7th:
– day 3 of Seasons Fest is headlined by icon Armin van Buuren at Vancouver Convention Centre
– Brit band James is at Commodore Ballroom
– The Polyphonic Spree with guests New Fumes are at Venue
– Trans-Siberian Orchestra is in the Valley at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
– head late to Five-Sixty for another edition of Poni
Sunday Apr 8th:
– Easter Sunday brings a lot of Easter Brunches and Egg Hunts, check Inside Vancouver Blog for a list
– it’s not just any weekend, it’s a “Massive Longweekend” at Venue
– Australian sensation Gotye is at The Vogue Theatre
– at The Junction, Joan-E is putting on the big hair & shoulder pads for her Easter 80’s Show
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!