As we approach the middle of summer activities become more varied.
Thursday August 11
– Deadmau5 plays the first of two nights at the PNE Forum
– the city’s second largest film fest begins as the 23rd Vancouver Queer Film Fest opens with opening film To Faro followed by the opening Gala at Five-Sixty. The VQFF continues until August 21
Friday August 12
– the Abbotsford International Airport is Canada’s National Airshow and the highlight of summer for many people as over 125000 will gather to watch the largest airshow in the country over the next three days.
– at The Biltmore Cabaret get a little East Van Soul, dance, drink and check out the Re-Up BBQ truck parked outside if you’re peckish!
– at Five-Sixty and free with a donation to F*ck Cancer is “Hot Club Time Machine” with tunes from the 70’s forward. Give back and get down!
Saturday August 13
– Burnaby Blues & Roots Festival is a one day music fest at Deer Lake Park, highlighted with performances by kd lang, John Mayall
– the hilarious star of Tosh.0, Daniel Tosh performs two shows, 7pm & 10pm, of his Tosh Tour On Ice at the Orpheum Theatre
– Sade brings smooth jazz sounds to Rogers Arena supported by John Legend