Yes, can you believe it! It’s December already!
I’m sure everyone’s calendars are filling up but here’s some more fun things to add to the list.
Thurday Dec 1
– Head up to Grouse Mountain, the Peak of Christmas, for some wintertime fun, ice skating, sleighrides, skiing, snowboarding, Santa and starting off tonight, the Parade of Trees & fundraising gala supporting SOS Children’s Village BC
– looking for a little house music, head to Bar None for DJ Miguel Migs from San Francisco
– Thursday also means “We Like Boys” at The Helm, this week’s edition is a clothing & food drive, with donations going to Union Gospel Mission.
– across town at the Electric Owl, it’s Brooklyn punk outfit Pterodactyl on stage.
Friday Dec 2
– Andrew Allen brings his smooth sounds to the intimate Media Club supported by Carley Rae Jepsen
– local boy Matthew Good plays the first of two nights at The Vogue Theatre.
– legend of goth-rock Peter Murphy brings his experimental sounds to Venue along with She Wants Revenge
– in Victoria Atomique Productions brings Beadouin Soundclash to the Club 9One9 stage
– get your dance on at The Helm for Fƒ. hard to believe it’s the Final friday of 2011
– the ANZA club is also the place to see off the year’s final SPIT event channel your inner spy or Bond Babe at Double-oh SPIT the James Bond Bash.
Saturday Dec 3
– Matthew Good plays the second night at The Vogue Theatre.
– SWAK Presents, brings Portland based indie group Blind Pilot to Venue
– for something a little different head to the Rickshaw Theatre for Finnish fold rockers, Korpiklaani
Sunday Dec 4
– The Georgia Straight brings, Brit pop-rockers The Kooks and their high-energy to The Commodore Ballroom. We’ll leave you with a little listening pleasure…