With Christmas coming up next weekend this week’s activities include a lot of festive festivities.
Thursday Dec 15
– ongoing, through the Holidays are a number of festive fun activities including Vancouver Christmas Market, The Peak of Christmas at Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge’s Canyon Lights, VanDusen Festival of Lights, Bloedel Conservatory Jewel Box of Light and Bright Nights in Stanley Park
– hit up Main & Hastings (it’s not as bad as you think) and join the fun & dancing at the Rickshaw Theatre for Top Less Gay Love Tekno Party Xmas Party Gaylore
Friday Dec 16
– the legendary Prince brings his “Welcome 2 Canada” tour and a plethora of hits to Rogers Arena followed by another performance tomorrow in Victoria at Save-On Foods Memorial Centre
– later, stop by the Friday edition of “We Like Boys” at The Helm
– for a little fun fundraising, check out Funderwear 2011 at Rickshaw Theatre, admission is a new pack of socks / underwear or $10 with proceeds to the Harbour Lights Foundation
Saturday Dec 17
– the talented and dapper young foursome, Canadian Tenors, bring their p-opera vocals to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre
– hopefully there isn’t another riot and they actually take to the stage this time, Guns & Roses are playing Pacific Coliseum
– perhaps one of the biggest shows of the year, Jay-Z & Kanye West bring their “Watch The Throne” Tour to Rogers Arena for the first of two nights.
Sunday Dec 18
– at the Commodore Ballroom, alternative-rock legends Dinosaur Jr are joined onstage by equally legendary punk icon, Henry Rollins as Rollins leads an interactive Q&A session before the performance.