I’m sure for many, shopping for Christmas presents will be a top activity this weekend but there’s still other leisurely activities to delight.
Thursday Dec 8
– performing the first of three nights at Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Sting brings his Back To Bass tour to the stage.
– also performing multiple nights the Vancouver Men’s Chorus is at St Paul’s Anglican Church for four nights of “Making Spirits Bright – Movie Edition” celebrating the holidays with songs from the screen
– The Arts Club Theatre Company has three great plays running: Blood Brothers at the Granville Island Stage, The Patron Saint of Stanley Park is at the Revue Stage and White Christmas is at The Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage
Friday Dec 9
– The Diamond Centre is holding it’s annual Holiday Open House from 3pm to 7pm, stop by for baked goods, a yuletide beverage and some Christmas cheer. Entrance by donation to Friends For Life Society.
– light up your festive spirit for the season with the 14th Annual Bright Nights Christmas Train in Stanley Park buy tickets in advance for the light display fundraiser for British Columbia Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund
– The Helm moves “We Like Boys” to Friday for it’s first anniversary edition.
– get your dancing shows for East Van Soul Club at The Biltmore Cabaret
Sat Dec 10
– VanDusen Botanical Gardens’ Festival Of Lights illuminates the night with thousands of lights, Santa and elves helping make spirits bright
– The Peak Of Christmas at Grouse Mountain continues; skating, Santa, reindeer, SOS Children’s Village Parade Of Trees plus lots of winter sports until December 26th
– For more festive festivities take in Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge