The beginning of February already?!
Wonder if the Groundhog will see his shadow tomorrow?
– ongoing at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– Vancouver Playhouse’s production of the Tony Award winning play Red runs until February 4th.
– wrapping up on Feb 4th, there’s only a few days left to catch a PuSh Festival show
– The Arts Club Theatre & PuSh Festival present Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantana runs until Feb 11th
– also running at The Arts Club Theatre, until Feb 26th, is an adaptation of the film Calendar Girls.
Thursday Feb 2nd
– Vancouver Canucks take on Detroit Red Wings at Rogers Arena
– electo-pop group Jakalope plays the Biltmore Theatre
– help get over your winter doldrums, go listen to The Doldrums at The Waldorf Hotel
– – for some evening entertainment, see the male dancers get their “Junk” out at Oasis Ultra Lounge
Friday Feb 3rd
– Vancouver Giants play host to Kamloops Blazers at the Pacific Coliseum
– The Electric Owl brings Los Campesinos! to their stage
– country star Dwight Yoakam brings a little twang to Boulevard Casino
– start your evening with some entertainment from the great Joan-E and Raye Sunshine at SnapDRAGon at Oasis Ultra Lounge on Davie.
– stay later or return to Oasis for Gay’er Friday with DJ Jeffery Michael
Saturday Feb 4th
– Domo Arigato Mr Roboto! Styx is on stage at the Boulevard Casino
– British singer-songwriter Charlie Winston is at the Commodore Ballroom
– Needs, Real Boys & Eeek! are playing at The Biltmore Cabaret
– no, it’s not the Heart song Barracuda but it’s Bearracuda at Five-Sixty
Sunday Feb 5th
– Alt-rockers Wilco are at the Orpheum Theatre
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included ‘On The List’!