Here we are, the second weekend of February, and busy as ever, lots going on!
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection.
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– The Arts Club Theatre presents Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantana runs until Feb 11th
– also running at The Arts Club Theatre, until Feb 26th, is an adaptation of the film Calendar Girls.
Thursday Feb 9th
– Celebrate the 2nd anniversary and bring back memories of Vancouver 2010 Olympic with the kick off of City & Slope Festival.
– get shufflin’ over to the Pacific Coliseum for LMFAO, Far East Movement, Frankmusik, Natasha Kills and more.
– for a laugh, head to The Cobalt for Sad Mag Comedy Show : Valentine Edition
– up in Whistler, WinterPride is in full swing…tonight it’s the Pool Party presented by Holiday Inn Aruba
– tonight is the first day of competition in the Mr Gay Canada at WinterPride – six competitors, including my best friend Brian Webb, there’s still one day left to vote for your ‘People Choice’
Friday Feb 10th
– City & Slope Festival fully gets under way with the first night of Illuminate Yaletown, state of the art light effects, performances and great food from the local restaurants.
– up the Slope at Cypress Mountain, Celebrate 2010 and relive the hill’s role in the Vancouver Winter Olympics
– at Celebrities, Swedish DJ Alesso is delivering the beats for the evening
– spinning at Caprice Nightclub is well known American DJ Kevin Scott
– Venue welcomes local group Hey Ocean! to the stage
– legendary funnyman, Bob Newhart gets them laughing in the aisles at River Rock Show Theatre
– Alt-country, rock band The Jayhawks swing by the Commodore
– up at WinterPride, tonight’s parties include Furrocious, Purrlesque and Snowstorm
Saturday Feb 11th
– Simple Plan, Marianas Trench, These Kids Wear Crowns, All Time Low are all taking on the Pacific Coliseum
– Be Good Tanyas take on The Vogue Theatre
– Hustla : $ilicone Heart$ Edition takes on The Cobalt
– City & Slope continues with 24 Hours of Grouse, a reminder of the round-the-clock celebrations of 2 years ago.
– ‘urban-funk, folk’ artist KO brings his unique sound to Venue
– super producer and DJ Dave Aude hits the decks at Caprice Nightclub
– expect a lot of ‘Beautiful People’ at the Vancouver Convention Centre to see Benny Benassi
– Mr Gay Canada competitions wrap up at WinterPride with the announcement of the winner at the afternoon’s Apres Ski featuring a performance by Tyrell Witherspoon
– also on at WinterPride is Shred Betties Bash and Snowball: Dance ’til Dawn
Sunday Feb 12th
– City & Slope comes to an end over on Mt Seymour, dig through the back of your closet and squeeze into your old gear to Celebrate 80’s Style & Music
– it’s the return of The Queen of East Van Isolde N Baron at Apocalypstik at The Cobalt