What is up this weekend?
– ongoing until Jan 21st at The Cultch, Blackbird Theatre are presenting Waiting For Godot
– ongoing at Vancouver Art Gallery until Jan 22nd is “Distance Between You & Me” works from 3 contemporary artists from Vancouver, LA and Guadalajara. Plus until Jan 29th, “Shore, Forest & Beyond: art from the Audain Collection”, one of the most important private holdings of BC artists
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– Vancouver Playhouse’s production of the Tony Award winning play Red runs until February 4th.
– Canadian, First Nations & international arts and music performances fill the city as PuSh Festival takes over until Feb 4th
Thursday Jan 19th
– opening tonight as part of PuSh Festival Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantana runs until Feb 11th
– City & Colour opens the first of two nights at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre
– LA soul outfit Fitz & the Tantrums rock the Commodore Ballroom
– get a little naughty (or at least learn how to be) at the Taboo, Naughty…but Nice Show on at the Vancouver Convention Centre from tonight until Jan 22nd
– for some evening entertainment, see the male dancers get their “Junk” out at Oasis Ultra Lounge
Friday Jan 20th:
– Disney pop group Allstar Weekend brings their teen pop to the Vogue Theatre
– Comedian Bob Saget brings his blue humour to River Rock Show Theatre
– start your evening with some entertainment from the great Joan-E and Raye Sunshine at SnapDRAGon at Oasis Ultra Lounge on Davie.
– stay later or return to Oasis for the new Gay’er Friday with DJ Jeffery Michael
– Five-Sixty plays host to the Taboo After Party “A Lingerie Affair”
Saturday Jan 21th:
– legend Tony Bennett swings into the River Rock Show Theatre
– the Biltmore Cabaret presents Hard Drugs, Weather Pines & Johny Wakeham