Hard to believe we’re already one month into 2012!
Here’s what’s happening!
– held over until Jan 28th at The Cultch, Blackbird Theatre are presenting Waiting For Godot
– ongoing at Vancouver Art Gallery until until Jan 29th, “Shore, Forest & Beyond: art from the Audain Collection”, one of the most important private holdings of BC artists
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– Vancouver Playhouse’s production of the Tony Award winning play Red runs until February 4th.
– Canadian, First Nations & international arts and music performances fill the city as PuSh Festival takes over until Feb 4th
– The Arts Club Theatre & PuSh Festival present Do You Want What I Have Got? A Craigslist Cantana runs until Feb 11th
Thursday Jan 26th
– opening tonight and running until Feb 26th, The Arts Club presents an adaptation of the film Calendar Girls.
– the Rickshaw Theatre has alt-rockers Concrete Blonde on their stage.
– Electric Owl hosts Brit band Fujiya & Miyagi
– for some evening entertainment, see the male dancers get their “Junk” out at Oasis Ultra Lounge
Friday Jan 27th
– Boulevard Casino welcomes Canadian Celtic sensations The Rankin Family
– SWAK Presents brings Humans to The Biltmore Cabaret
– start your evening with some entertainment from the great Joan-E and Raye Sunshine at SnapDRAGon at Oasis Ultra Lounge on Davie.
– stay later or return to Oasis for the new Gay’er Friday with DJ Jeffery Michael
Saturday Jan 28th
– the brilliant punk duo The Pack A.D. are at the Rickshaw Theatre
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included!