There’s really only one event that people will be paying any attention to this week…but if you’re not a fan of the Canucks (shock! horror!) here is a few things happening outside the rink.
Thursday June 2
– if you have kids of any age, head over to Granville Island and check out some of the fun activities at the Vancouver International Children’s Festival, on until June 5. The fest is struggling financially so really could use the attendance this year!
– for the ‘big kids’, rock icons Supertramp are playing Rogers Arena
– under the tents in Vanier Park, it’s the opening night of another season of Bard On The Beach. Go get your Shakespeare on with “As You Like It”, “Merchant Of Venice”, “Henry VI” or “Richard III”
Friday June 3, 2011
– Bruno Mars with Janelle Monae bring their Hooligans in Wonderland tour to Rogers Arena
– Another month, another SPIT party at ANZA Club, this month think California Dreams as your inspiration (since we aren’t seeing summer here, we may as well be Cali dreamin’)
– across the pond in Victoria, you social media junkies might be interested in Social Media Camp Victoria as it gets under way. Friday and Saturday sees over 40 sessions of speakers and workshops on all things social media.
Saturday June 4
– it’s the first Saturday of the month so that means another edition of “First Saturday Open Studios” drop in to some of the city’s artists studios for some great art and inspiration. Click the link to see what studios are open this week.
– last edition was a hit so it’s on again, Big Primpin’ brings the hip hop back again to Pub 340
– The brilliant Friendly Fires play a sold out gig at Venue. If you haven’t seen them, try! They’re awesome!