Somehow there always seems to be more on the list than I can ever make it to check out!
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection. As well Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture and the Gallery’s newest exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Revue Stage is Gordon on until March 24th
– the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, bring the laughs Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame until June 16th.
Thursday Mar 15th
– at The Cultch the second of 4 nights (ends Mar 17), “Elles is the expression of choreographer Serge Bennathan’s desire to be confronted once again by feminine strength, passion and depth.”
– acclaimed a capella group, Straight No Chaser, is on stage at The Vogue
– Sealed With A Kiss Presents put Vetiver on at the Electic Owl
– Join DJ Michael Venus at The Narrow Lounge for some nineties goodness
– for some evening entertainment, see the male dancers get their “Junk” out at Oasis Ultra Lounge
– adult entertainer Marcus Mojo is ‘entertaining’ the crowd at Hard Candy Thursday at Celebrities night club
Friday Mar 16th
– South Carolina’s Need To Breathe rock The Vogue Theatre stage
– Buckman Coe is onstage at the Biltmore Cabaret
– in the West End head to Oasis for Gay’er Friday – Pre-Patricks Day Purple Party with DJ Jeffery Michael
Saturday Mar 17th
– celebrate CelticFest at The Vogue Theatre with Big St Pat’s Night Out featuring Dehli 2 Dublin
– Blueprint Events bring Russian DJ Trio Hard Rock Sofa for a St Paddy’s Day Party at Ginger 62
– get your green dancing shoes on for Hip Hop St Paddy’s Poni at 560 with DJ’s Adam Dreaddy, Quest, Dubbeldee and Dirty Margaret
Sunday Mar 18th
– it may be a day late but if you can rouse yourself from your green-beer hangover, head downtown for the annual St Patrick’s Day Parade starting at 11am along Howe St.
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!