Another week of fun…
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– within the Vancouver Art Gallery, An Autobiography of our Collection shows a behind the scenes look at how a collection is put together from the Gallery’s permanent collection. As well Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture and the Gallery’s newest exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Revue Stage is Gordon on until March 24th and at the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage find out The Importance Of Being Earnest until April 15th.
– the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, bring the laughs Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame until June 16th.
Thursday March 22nd
– continuing all week is Vancouver Fashion Week – Fall/Winter 2012 at the Chinese Cultural Centre, shows daily until Sunday.
– Alt-rockers Drive-By Truckers are onstage at the Commodore Ballroom
– Join DJ Michael Venus at The Narrow Lounge for some nineties goodness
– for some evening entertainment, see the male dancers get their “Junk” out at Oasis Ultra Lounge
Friday March 23rd
– at the Biltmore Cabaret, White Rabbits bounce onto the stage.
– join DJ’s SKLA, Right Hand Barber, Rachel Sehl and more at the kick off to Cirque Friday’s at Five-Sixty
– for something completely different, psychic legend Sylvia Browne, is on her 50th Anniversary tour and stopping at the River Rock Show Theatre
– in the West End head to Oasis for Gay’er Friday with DJ Jeffery Michael
Saturday March 24th
– coming off their historic first road win, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are back home at BC Place to kick-off against DC United
– across the street at Rogers Arena, local boys Hedley take over the stage with Classifies, Anjulie & Kay.
– I Predict A Riot as The Commodore Ballroom welcomes Kaiser Chiefs
– at Five-Sixty it’s a take over, Poni Saturday is getting a British Invasion as Room Service from London bring their event to the West Coast.