– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– The Vancouver Art Gallery indoors prepares for it’s next exhibits while Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, and the Gallery’s exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence continues all summer
– still running at the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, keeps them laughing with Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & compare the waterfronts of Vancouver and Dubai with Maraya Project-Seawalls Of Vancouver And Dubai or step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– Pacific Theatre has the ongoing production of 100 Saints You Should Know until May 26th.
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Henry & Alice : Into the Wild is at Granville Island Stage until May 25th
Thursday May 10th
– Arts Club Theatre Company debuts the swelegant, elegant High Society , on until June 24th.
– Broadway Across Canada brings the touring company of Rock Of Ages to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre until Sunday.
– over 100 films are presented during the DOXA Film Festival at venues throughout the city before it ends on May 13th
– another Thursday another night of dancers getting their JUNK out at Oasis On Davie
– it’s Dirty Thursday at Junction Pub
Friday May 11th
– Legendary BB King is on stage at The Boulevard Casino’s Red Robinson Show Theatre in Coquitlam
– Great Lake Swimmers are at Commodore Ballroom with guests Cold Speck
– East Van Soul Club is happening at Biltmore Cabaret
– ginger 62?s Friday brings Socielle Local Love to the room
– Cirque Fridays get the dance on at Five-Sixty
– Gay Fridays with DJ Jeffery Micheal is on at Oasis on Davie
Saturday May 12th
– The Vancouver Art Gallery launches a new exhibit in their ‘Next Series of New Artists from the Pacific Rim‘ – Fifth Night by Yang Fudong, a multi-channel video installation. Again, Again, Again is a exhibit of artists using repetitive or serial images taken from the Gallery’s permanent collections.
– warm up your lungs and come along and Sing-Along to Sound Of Music at River Rock Show Theatre
– Ten dance teams compete to be the Best In The West in Bhangra Idol at Red Robinson Show Theatre
– Say farewell to SPIT:Vancouver at PONI at Five-Sixty
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!