– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– The Vancouver Art Gallery indoors prepares for it’s next exhibits while Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, and the Gallery’s exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence continues all summer as does their ‘Next Series of New Artists from the Pacific Rim‘ – Fifth Night by Yang Fudong, a multi-channel video installation. Again, Again, Again is a exhibit of artists using repetitive or serial images taken from the Gallery’s permanent collections.
– still running at the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, keeps them laughing with Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & compare the waterfronts of Vancouver and Dubai with Maraya Project-Seawalls Of Vancouver And Dubai or step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– Pacific Theatre has the ongoing production of 100 Saints You Should Know until May 26th.
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Henry & Alice : Into the Wild is at Granville Island Stage until May 25th and at the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage the swelegant, elegant High Society , is on until June 24th.
Friday May 18th:
– George Thorogood & The Destroyers bring their rock and blues to River Rock Show Theatre
– Fred J Eaglesmith performs at St James Hall on West 10th.
– #FFWDWKND at L.E.D. Bar takes off with DJ’s Timeline, Marino and Marcello
– Cirque Fridays get the dance on at Five-Sixty
– Gay Fridays with DJ Jeffery Micheal is on at Oasis on Davie
Saturday May 19th:
– it’s a Cascadia Cup rivalry match as Seattle Sounders journey up the I-5 to take on Whitecaps FC at BC Place
– George Thorogood & The Destroyers rock a second night, this time at Boulevard Casino’s Red Robinson Theatre
– Sweetheart,Sharks! On Fire! Everyone Everywhere,Bridges Out and Friends of 7 all put on an All-Ages show at Tom Lee Music
– Max Grahman spins at Stereotype at Celebrities
– It’s Afrojack night as he takes over The Vogue Theatre first before moving over to Celebrities for a second later show.
– Grammy Award winner Peter Rauhofer brings the ‘Glitter’ out at Five-Sixty
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!