There’s always something fun in the city…here’s some for this weekend!
Thursday Nov 17
– check out the preview launch of the new Rubble Gallery on Powell Street
– at the Rio Theatre, catch the second installment of the ‘Friends of Dorothy Film Series‘ hosted by the Queen of East Van, Isolde N Barron, this week’s double bill is “Some Like It Hot” and “Hedwig & The Angry Inch”
– still on the east side, The Biltmore Presents: Peace, Wax Fingers, No Kind of Rider, and World Club
– moving west, it’s another Thursday & another “We Like Boys” at The Helm
Friday Nov 18
– The 15th Annual Culture Crawl kicks off 3 days of visual arts: shows, performances and installations abound all across East Van
– UK rockers Noah & The Whale will wow the Venue
– Sealed With A Kiss presents Tune Yards at The Biltmore Cabaret
– Canadian songstress Feist is before a sell out crowd at The Centre for Performing Arts In Vancouver.
Saturday Nov 19
– Election Day! Get out and vote in your municipal elections!
– Jetset Crew hosts The Original 007 James Bond Party presented by Belvedere Vodka at the Vancouver Club.
– the legendary blues man BB King is onstage at the River Rock Show Theatre.
– At Five-Sixty, everything is dandy…or is that just the headliner, Prince Poppycock, as Guilty Pleasures becomes the next big fundraising event.
– then stick around and enjoy another edition of Slut Puppy with resident DJ’s Adam Dreaddy and Quest with a midnight performance from Diva Iona Whipp
Sunday Nov 20
– all eyes are on the BC Lions as they take on Edmonton Eskimos in the Western Final to determine who plays in the Grey Cup next weekend.