Another week, another fun-filled weekend of festivities
Thursday Oct 20
– enter a world of words, take part in one of the many readings, talks, interviews with 100 of the worlds top authors at the Vancouver International Writer’s Festival on until Sunday.
– Canadian writer Margaret Atwood’s The Penelopiad opens at the Arts Club Theatre Company’s Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, until November 20.
– Seattle indie-rockers The Head and The Heart take on the Commodore Ballroom
– Vancouver’s Wild Weekend begins, offering over a dozen events for bears, otters, wolves and friends to help Camp Moomba, which sends children affected by HIV/AIDS to camp.
– as usual, it’s Thursday and therefore We Like Boys must be the night at The Helm
Friday Oct 21
– Canadian country singer-songwriter George Canyon is at Red Robinson Theatre
– alt-rockers Death Cab For Cutie crosses the border for a show at Rogers Arena
– playing the first of two nights at Commodore Ballroom is Big Sugar
– country-pop star Shelby Lynne is at the Rio Theatre
– Five-Sixty has the opening party to Wild Weekend with Bearracuda
Saturday Oct 22
– Sam Roberts Band hits the Island at the Royal Theatre in Victoria
– legendary Lindsey Buckingham performs at The Centre for Performing Arts.
– as part of Wild Weekend, TFD & Celebrities Nightclub present Cub-a-licious with DJ Marcus Purnell
– Five-Sixty rings in Saturday night with another edition of Slut Puppy with guest DJ Marc Tattoo
– running just 8 night, you’d better hurry to catch Vancouver Opera’s production of West Side Story at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre