Lots of happenings this weekend!
Thursday Sept 22
– big things across the water in Victoria as Rifflandia Festival kicks off with 4 days, 110 artists across 9 stages.
– not to be left out, Vancouver has the third Olio Festival starting tonight. Music, comedy, film, and more across the city for 4 days.
– new night spot Vinyl Retro Lounge at 455 Abbott opens up with Basic Thursdays – dedicated to House music.
– At The Helm, Thursday nights’ “We Like Boys” is now free – that’s right, it’s not just the go-go boys who have no cover!
Friday Sept 23
– Get a little bit country at Commodore Ballroom with the CMT HitList Tour featuring Dean Brody, Aaron Lines & Derec Ruttan.
– For a little bit rock and roll …catch local punk-chick duo The Pack A.D. at No Limits (68 5th Ave)
Saturday Sept 24
– cling to the last bit of summer with a great outdoor gig from Broken Social Scene at Malkin Bowl
– hip hop legends De la Soul bust it out on the Commodore Ballroom stage
– At River Rock Show Theatre – Peter Frampton: Frampton Comes Alive 35, celebrating the 35th anniversary of the iconic album.
Sunday Sept 25
– Folksters Bon Iver take on the Orpheum stage
– new British buzz boy James Blake is at the Commodore Ballroom
– grunge gods Pearl Jam fill the Pacific Coliseum with teenage (more like middle aged) angst.