Busy Busy Bizzay!
Thursday Sept 29
– Ongoing until October 14th is the 2011 Vancouver International Film Festival
– head down to 455 Abbott St in Vancouver for Vinyl: retro lounge’s Grand Opening
– International Design Show West brings together some of the best and brightest in interior design to the Vancouver Convention Centre until Sunday
Friday Sept 30
– It’s finally opening! (weather depending) The renovated BC Place Stadium finally makes its debut as the BC Lions take on Edmonton
– recall Pretty In Pink at take a nostalgic look back at 80’s pop with OMD at the Commodore Ballroom
Saturday Oct 1
– go further back to the 70’s with two thirds of BTO, Bachman & Turner are at River Rock Show Theatre
– at Five-Sixty the lovely and talented Colby B from NYC takes over the turntables, alongside resident fave DJ Adam Dreaddy & DH G-Luve downstairs. Plus come early for Connecting.The.Dots art exhibits.
Sunday Oct 2
– it’s Whitecaps FC‘s turn to christen the Bell Pitch at BC Place as they take on North West rivals Portland Timbers