Lots of summer still left in the tank, time to take advantage of , head out and check out some of these events this weekend!
Thursday Aug 18
– Vancouver Queer Film Festival continues with the Centrepiece Gala , after watching “Grown Up Movie Star” head to The Helm for an evening of fun. If you don’t want to party it’s your last chance to catch “Judas Kiss“, which made its international premier early in the festival. VQFF continues until Sunday.
Friday Aug 19
– Mr Heavenly (featuring members Modest Mouse, ManMan, Islands & Unicorns) are on stage at The Biltmore Cabaret
– Girl from Oz, Sia brings her pop/jazz stylings to the Commodore Ballroom
– at Lulu’s Lounge at the River Rock Resort it’s The Tabloids, covering all your fave UK hits, playing the first of a two night stand.
Saturday Aug 20
– it’s a sure sign of summer coming close to an end as the 101st edition of the PNE opens, included with the gates entry are some great nightly concerts including Chris Isaak, Serena Ryder, Kenny Rogers, Donny Osmond and more.
– a new summer tradition kicks off it’s second year today as well. In a beautiful setting, Live at Squamish Music Festival presented by Virgin Mobile features Weezer, Metric, Black Mountain, John Butler Trio and many more acts over the
two day fest.
– Grad your honey and head down to Canada Place and get your smooch on! Look in the comments section for details about the Kissing Flash Mob aka Smooch Mob set for noon sharp! Sounds like fun!
Sunday Aug 21
– it’s time for another edition of Big Gay Rodeo at Bourbon Country Bar, Bull Riding, Pork & Bean Wrestling, Meat Pie Eating…it’s all here plus raising some cash for Friends For Life, HIM (Health Initiative for Men) QMUNITY, and Keep a Breast Canada
– it’s closing night of Mamma Mia at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver, if you haven’t already this is your last chance to see this fun musical comedy based on the music of Abba