As we get closer to summer, although the weather might not agree, it looks like more activities are happening.
Here’s some stuff on my list this weekend!
Thursday May 5
It’s Cinco de Mayo so I’m sure a few cervezas are on the agenda for everyone!
– After two nights in Vancouver, The Pixies are wrapping up their Doolittle: 20th Anniversary Tour in Victoria.
– Looking for some Thursday night beats?! hi-life Records presents “Movement – Session 1 featuring MARCO LYS (from Italy)” at Ginger 62
-local faves Mother Mother play Commodore Ballroom for the second of two Vancouver shows.
Friday May 6
if you’ve recovered from Cinco de Mayo
– head out to ANZA Club for SPIT Vancouver’s Seis de Mayo party
– if you’re looking for some nostalgia Men Without Hats are playing Club 9One9 in Victoria
– At Five-Sixty it’s B2B systemsound tag team sessions w/ DJ’s SKLA, Right Hand, PK and Joel Armstrong
-At Pop Opera there’s You Plus One resident DJ search with Battle One + Wobbelix & Subsapien
-Scottish singer/songwriter KT Tunstall is playing an early show @VenueLive
Saturday May 7th
– First Saturday Open Studios is your chance to check out some great artists and get some inspiration as you tour their studios, check the event’s link for info on which artists.
-at 6pm Coca-Cola is celebrating it’s 125th anniversary with a free concert by These Kids Were Crowns in Robson Square
– Men without Hats play @VenueLive for your Vancouver nostalgia fix
– The Arts Club Theatre Company’s Hairspray opens at the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage and runs until July 10.