This weekend marks the start of the 2013 Pacific National Exhibition, running August 17 – September 2nd (excluding Aug 19 & 26), The Fair has been an annual rite of summer for over a century in Vancouver.
First conceived as a way to bring the country to the city, the PNE has a long tradition of entertaining Vancouverites and all British Columbians. Constantly evolving over the decades to keep up with changing tastes and times, agriculture is still at its core but each year more and more entertainment and activities welcome the masses. New this year is Genghis Khan: The Exhibition, Dueling Pianos, and RCMP Musical Ride. Returning are Summer Night Concerts, Family Feud Live, Peking Acrobats, plus the perennial favourites Superdogs and PNE Prize Home. Agriculture is represented at Safeway Farm Country, Pacific Spirit Horse Show, Farm Producers Competition, plus the 4-H Festival (which as an alumni, holds a special place in my memories).
The Fair at the PNE is always a great value and fun day out when you include all the amusements of Playland into the mix but this year there are even more ways to save.
– Gate admission and parking fees have been lowered by 20%
– Pinwheel Deals coupon books offer $300 in savings for just $2.00 (available at Guest Services)
– Free Gate Admission between 11am – 1pm on Tuesday August 20th.
– Wild Ride Wednesday August 21st, buy 2 for 1 Ride Passes between 11am – 1pm
– Seniors’ Day Thursday August 22nd, adults 65+ get free gate admission between 11am – 1pm
– VANCITY Members Day, August 29th VANCITY Credit Union Members plus a guest, can gain gate admission for just $5 each
– Twilight Ride Pass, save $13 when you buy a Ride Pass after 5pm Tuesdays – Thursdays.
– After Dark Gate Pass, buy a pass at the gate and enter after 9pm for just $5
Saturday, August 17 – Monday, September 2, 2013 11am until late! (Weather permitting)
Closed Monday, August 19 and 26
For more information visit pne.ca,