The summer season is upon us which means we want to spend every minute possible taking advantage of the better weather. While Vancouver has some great indoor concert stages the outdoor venues around the city are spectacular. There are places to take in a show all around Metro Vancouver, some permanent stages and many seasonal ones. Last month, Holland Park in Surrey was the scene of the big Mumford & Sons show and Sigur Ros christened the Deer Lake Park stage for the season. With the PNE announcing its Summer Nights Concerts last week and Mother Mother kicking off the Malkin Bowl Summer Concert Series this weekend things are really heating up for a summer of great outdoor shows.
Here’s a look at some of the great outdoor concerts coming up this summer around Metro Vancouver. Get out and see a show in the sun!
Concerts In The Park – Deer Lake:
– July 1; Canada Day Foxfest with Alice in Chains & guests.
– August 10; Blue Rodeo headline Burnaby Blues & Roots Festival.
– September 19; The Lumineers with guests.
Concerts In The Park – Ambleside Park:
– August 31; FUN and Tegan & Sara
Concerts In The Park – Hastings Park – PNE Amphitheatre
– July 12; City & Colour
– September 22; The National
PNE Summer Night Concert Series:
– August 17 – September 2; nightly concerts featuring Melissa Etheridge, The Jacksons, Martina McBride, Loverboy and more
Virgin Mobile presents Squamish Valley Music Fest;
– August 8 – 9; Queens Of The Stone Age, Vampire Weekend, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Band Of Horses, Dan Mangan & many more at Squamish Logger Sports Grounds.
Rock The Shore – Juan de Fuca Rec Centre Lower Fields, Victoria
– July 13 – 14; City & Colour, Weezer, Sam Roberts Band & Matthew Good headline.
Gone Country – Cloverdale Amphitheatre, Surrey
– July 27; Here For The Cure, Cancer Fundraiser with Aaron Pritchett & Dallas Smith