Of all public spectator events this is the one time you’re invited to be boisterous and loud but still there are ways to make it fun to have fun!
1. DO arrive early…the beer line-ups are long and you don’t want to miss the start of the game.
2. DON’T arrive drunk. It’s great to have a few pre-drinks but remember it takes a while to settle into your system. Timing is everything.
3. DO wear your team’s colours and cheer them on!
4. DON’T disgrace your team’s colours/jerseys by committing a felony when wearing them. I’m sure they they can do without you being branded as a “TeamX Fan” when you’re arrested.
5. DO engage in a some light hearted ‘trash-talk’ with rival fans.
6. DON’T turn the trash-talk into an all out brawl…a la European soccer hooligans
7. DO sit in the non-alcohol seats if you bring your kids and are looking for a ‘family’ experience.
8. DON’T throw things onto the field of play (except for special occasions…hattricks etc) it just delays the game.
9. DO streak if you really feel the need and if you’re willing to be publicly ridiculed and ejected from the venue. See #2
10. DON’T commentate or coach from your seat. We can all see what’s happening, if we wanted a play-by-play we’d have stayed home.