“May Long” “May Two-Four” “Victoria Day”
Whatever you call it, it’s the traditional start of summer fun. The first long weekend, it’s time to shed the winter doldrums and have some fun!
Thursday – May 19
Start the long weekend early with
– While wishing Jay Brazeau a speedy recovery from his recent stroke, the show goes with Andy Toth as Enda Turnblad in Hairspray, continuing at Arts Club Theatre Company.
– Help Joan-E spread some goodwill at the 15th Anniversary Bingo For Life supporting Friends for Life Society
– In Victoria, the 14th Annual UNO Fest begins. Produced by Intrepid Theatre UNO is 10 days of solo works from across the country.
Friday – May 20
– For one night only, catch the hilarious Tracy Morgan at the Orpheum Theatre
– NY based duo Phantogram perform an early show at Venue
– if you’re feeling flush take off to Las Vegas with JetSet Crew as they lead a crew of Vancouverites on a weekend of fun!
Saturday – May 21
– Jimmy Eat World brings their alterna-rock to the Commodore Ballroom
– Grab your disco stick at head to ANZA club for Supernature
Sunday – May 22
– The Vancouver Convention Centre will be shaking as David Guetta gets the city dancing.
– If the smooth stylings of Boys II Men are onstage at Gossip Nightclub.