– visit Vanier Park for Bard On The Beach now presenting Taming Of The Shrew
– although the weather hasn’t been spectacular, head outside every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night this summer visit one of the three night markets in Richmond and Vancouver. Summer Night Market runs until September 16th on Vulcan Way, Richmond Night Market has a new home near Bridgeport Station at River Rock Resort and Chinatown Night Market has its home downtown Vancouver.
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– The Vancouver Art Gallery indoors welcomes it’s summer exhibit, Collecting Matise and Modern Masters: The Cone Sisters of Baltimore, highlighting one of the foremost private collections of early European Modernism. Meanwhile Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, and the Gallery’s exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence continues all summer as does their ‘Next Series of New Artists from the Pacific Rim‘ – Fifth Night by Yang Fudong, a multi-channel video installation. Again, Again, Again is a exhibit of artists using repetitive or serial images taken from the Gallery’s permanent collections.
– Just a couple weeks are left to get your giggles at the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, as they present Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage has the swelegant, elegant High Society , on until June 24th.
Thursday June 14th
– Patrick Watson has an “Adventure In Your Own Backyard” while on tour at The Vogue Theatre
– another Thursday another night of dancers getting their JUNK out at Oasis On Davie
– it’s Dirty Thursday at Junction Pub
– #FFWDWKND Thursdays at L.E.D. Bar, features Ckristo, Mychal Ferriera & Steven Vuu
– young 19 year old electronic wiz Porter Robinson brings his Language Tour to the Commodore Ballroom stage
Friday June 15th
– Portland’s Dandy Warhols are at The Commodore Ballroom
– Alt-Rockers Primus are down the street at Orpheum Theatre
– Ginger 62 Friday’s Socielle Local Love w / Those Twins, James Humphries & Kraig
– Tired of Top 40? Get jacked at Jack The House with DJs Jay Douglas & Lisa De Lux with a special drag performance by Edmonton’s Miss Maxine Pad
– this weeks Stereotypes at Celebrities featuring Above + Beyond giving you a chance to see them before their sold out show on Saturday
Saturday June 16th
– Whitecaps FC take on Colorado Rapids on the Bell Pitch at BC Place
– Hey Ocean! plays a CD Release show at The Vogue Theatre
– Spend an Evening With Bryan Adams at Rogers Arena
– The Parlotones are onstage at The Biltmore Cabaret
– for their second night in town, Above + Beyond entertain a sold out Commodore Ballroom
– DJ, Remixer and Producer Hook n Sling is spinning at Celebrities nightclub
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!