– visit Vanier Park for Bard On The Beach now presenting Taming Of The Shrew
– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– The Vancouver Art Gallery indoors welcomes it’s summer exhibit, Collecting Matise and Modern Masters: The Cone Sisters of Baltimore, highlighting one of the foremost private collections of early European Modernism. Meanwhile Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, and the Gallery’s exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence continues all summer as does their ‘Next Series of New Artists from the Pacific Rim‘ – Fifth Night by Yang Fudong, a multi-channel video installation. Again, Again, Again is a exhibit of artists using repetitive or serial images taken from the Gallery’s permanent collections.
– Just a couple weeks are left to get your giggles at the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, as they present Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage has the swelegant, elegant High Society , on until June 24th.
– Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night this summer visit one of the three night markets in Richmond and Vancouver. Summer Night Market runs until September 16th on Vulcan Way, Richmond Night Market has a new home near Bridgeport Station at River Rock Resort and Chinatown Night Market has its home downtown Vancouver.
Friday June 8th
– Laughter is sure to follow as Robin Williams sits down with David Steinberg at River Rock Show Theatre\
– troubadour Steve Earle plucks his way on to the stage at Red Robinson Show Theatre at Boulevard Casino
– Stereotypes at Celebrities has Laidback Luke and Oliver Twizt
– East Van Soul Club! is on at The Biltmore Cabaret
Saturday June 9th
– a second chance to laugh with Robin Williams and David Steinberg at River Rock Show Theatre
– The Used make good use of the Vogue Theatre with guests Dead Sara and Stars On Stereo
– PONI presents The Tune Brothers from Germany at Five-Sixty
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!