– at Vancouver Art Gallery : Offsite on West Georgia at the Shangri-la Hotel courtyard, until Sept 16th, is a large scale wooden tableau by Kota Ezawa
– The Vancouver Art Gallery indoors prepares for it’s next exhibits while Beat Nation showcases the Art, Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, and the Gallery’s exhibition Emily Carr and the Theatre of Transcendence continues all summer as does their ‘Next Series of New Artists from the Pacific Rim‘ – Fifth Night by Yang Fudong, a multi-channel video installation. Again, Again, Again is a exhibit of artists using repetitive or serial images taken from the Gallery’s permanent collections.
– still running at the Giggle Dam Theatre, dinner/comedy/musical theatre, keeps them laughing with Under The DAM Big Top…Cirque Du So Lame
– see the bright lights at MOV: Museum of Vancouver with their ongoing exhibit Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver & step back to examine the Art Deco Chic – glamour between the wars
– Pacific Theatre has the ongoing production of 100 Saints You Should Know until May 26th.
– at Arts Club Theatre Company’s Henry & Alice : Into the Wild is at Granville Island Stage until May 25th and at the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage the swelegant, elegant High Society , is on until June 24th.
Thursday May 24th:
– at Biltmore Cabaret White Lung celebrate their LP release with performances by B-Lines, Systematick and Men At Adventure
– French DJ Medeon spins away the night at Caprice Nightclub
– another Thursday another night of dancers getting their JUNK out at Oasis On Davie
– it’s Dirty Thursday at Junction Pub
Friday May 25th
– The Fugitives and Dan Bern co-headline the night at The Waldorf Hotel
– Socielle at Ginger 62 features DJ Ron Carroll this week.
– buzz band Bon Iver kicks off the outdoor concert season at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby
– Australia’s Thunder From Down Under storm the stage at Red Robinson Theatre in Boulevard Casino
– the Rio Theatre features a multiplex of laughter as Patrick Maliha presents Legion of Stand-Up Comedians
– DJ/Producer Wolfgang Gartner is at Stereotype Saturday at Celebrities
Saturday May 26th
– The Wet Spots East Side Spectacular is an adult variety show at the Rio Theatre, featuring music, comedy, film and burlesque.
– Spiritulized bring their British ‘space-rock/dream-pop’ to the Rickshaw Theatre
– relive a little retro-rock with Creadance Clearwater Revisited at Red Robinson Theatre
– the first concert in the new BC Place is Roger Waters: The Wall Live
Do you have an event or opening to include in the next What’s on Weekend? Comment or email me to be included On The List!