Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is celebrating its 36th anniversary this weekend, Sunday April 24th. Named the World’s Top City Garden by National Geographic in 2011, the Garden is an integral part of Vancouver’s Chinatown.
Celebrate with the community with a host of events throughout the day.
Day Time Garden Festivities: 10am to 3pm
Celebrate and explore the Garden while taking part in tea ceremonies, take part in calligraphy demonstrations, witness the intricate craft of a seal engraving master and be enchanted by a magical concert performed by City Opera Vancouver.
10am to 11am – Tea ceremony with Lillian Li
10:30am to 12pm – Calligraphy demo with Master Anna Zhao
12pm – 1:30pm – Seal engraving workshop with Master Jiangang Su
2:00pm to 2:30pm – City Opera Vancouver performance
Crafts for all ages, throughout the day.
Register for admissions by donation
Tastes of Chinatown: 4:30pm – 9pm
A mouthwatering evening event
Starting at 4:30pm, in collaboration with Sam Shem from The Dessert Club and Melody Yip from BlackHoleTummy.
Taste of Chinatown partners with some of the most popular restaurants in the Chinatown to provide delicious signature items: Chinatown BBQ, DD Mau, Jade Dynasty, Kam Wai Dim Sum, and The Dessert Club have accepted our invitation.
* Note that the curated tasting menu does include items with meats and no substitutes will be available for this event.
Included in the ticket:
– A curated selection of 8 different bites from some of Vancouver Chinatown’s most popular eateries
– One complimentary beverage (additional drinks will be extra cost)
– Music by Niña Mendoza
– Admission to the Garden
– 10% off at our Eight Treasures Gift Shop
– Activities: Calligraphy, a nostalgic trip down the past 36 years, Fortune Telling Game and much more.
Find more information and register for one of three time slots (4:30pm-5:30pm; 5:30pm-6:30pm; 6:30pm-7:30pm) on the event page.