Planted Expo at Vancouver Convention Centre is set to welcome Meagan Duhamel, Dotsie Bausch, Chanthy Yen, Dr. Matthew Nagra, and Lauren Toyota amongst the speakers taking to the stage at May 27 & 28.
Over 200 plant-based and vegan friendly exhibitors, including sponsors like Herbaland, Omni, Perfect Sports, making up Canada’s largest plant-based event, will welcome attendees will learn about health and wellness, eating plant-based as an athlete, content creation, business, activism, the environment, and other topics related to living a plant-based lifestyle.
“We are thrilled to return to Vancouver this year and have Planted Expo attendees hear from prominent plant-based speakers in the industry discussing the benefits and growing importance of living a plant-based lifestyle,” says Stevan Mirkovich, Co-Owner and Chief Relational Officer of PlantedLife.com. “Sports fans will be familiar with our two Olympians speaking. Canadian Olympic figure skater Meagan Duhamel who joins us to talk about her nutrition journey and American Olympic cyclist Dotsie Bausch shares her vegan journey. Chanthy Yen, from Nightshade restaurant, returns to our stage this year to share his culinary experience. And naturopathic Dr. Matthew Nagra speaks about the impact of plant-based nutrition for your health and wellness.”
Adds Mirkovich, “for this event, we have created a speaker schedule where those already involved in this lifestyle can discover deeper ways to connect with their health and advance their nutritional knowledge while those new to this lifestyle can learn how easy it is to transition to a plant-based diet.”
The Planted Expo 2023 Speakers include:
- Meagan Duhamel – Olympic Figure Skater, World Champion and Holistic Nutritionist
- Dotsie Bausch – Olympic cyclist, renowned speaker and Switch4Good founder
- Chanthy Yen – vegan chef at Nightshade Restaurant, a Michelin Guide Restaurant
- Isaias Hernandez – Founder of Queer Brown Vegan and Environmental Educator
- Dr. Matthew Nagra – Naturopathic Doctor and Plant-Based Nutrition Advocate
- Lauren Toyota – cookbook author and Hot For Food Blog content creator
- Margaret Coons – Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of Nuts for Cheese
- Brigitte Gemme – Founder of Vegan Family Kitchen
Planted Expo Vancouver takes place Saturday May 27 and Sunday, May 28, 2023, 10am to 5pm at Vancouver Convention Centre West, 1055 Canada Place. Tickets are available online at plantedlife.com/vancouver