The Vancouver Island Symphony is bringing live music back! This summer, under artistic director Pierre Simard, the symphony is offering a series of four Summer Pop Up Concerts in and around Nanaimo, BC. Featuring four different ensembles from the Vancouver Island Symphony over July and August.
These ensembles include:
- Trio of Flute, Violin and Bass
- String Quartet with two French Horns
- Brass Quintet
- Trio of Oboe, Clarinet and Bassoon
The four concerts are offered in a series package only, booked online, with a donation of $250 per person (eligible for a $250 tax receipt).
Vancouver Island Symphony has worked within BC provincial health regulations to create rules and protocols that will be followed for everyone’s safety.
- Concerts will be held outside on private property and can accommodate 40 audience members that will be seated with social distancing in place.
- The exact concert location address will be provided once tickets are booked.
- Concerts will be one hour in length with audience members arriving no more than 30 minutes ahead and leaving no later than 30 minutes after the concert.
- Audience Members may bring their own chairs, hand sanitizer, beverage (no food or alcohol please).
- Masks and face-coverings and gloves are suggested but optional.
- A washroom will be available for Emergencies ONLY.
- Parking is on the street.
- Audience members will be asked to line up prior to entering the yard, then will be directed to set up their chairs, with their COVID Bubbles, in a space with appropriate physical distance from other audience members.
- Audience members must not attend if they are sick or not feeling well.
- The concert series packages are non-refundable but are transferable. The new ticket holders must provide their contact information in order for the VIS to remain compliant with health regulations and COVID-19 Tracking.
- Concerts are unable to be rescheduled so they will go on rain or shine. In the event of rain, the musicians will be under tents however it is suggested for the audience to bring umbrellas.
The VIS is also selling subscriptions to a Streaming Concert Series featuring these four summer concerts. Everyone who attends the live concerts will receive a free subscription to the Streaming Concert Series. Details will be sent to attendees as they become available.
Visit vancouverislandsymphony.com to find the details and purchase tickets for the Summer Pop-Up Concert Series.